Derby, CT (March 29, 2010) - IDA International Inc. today announced the results from 1 year of operating a photo-voltaic system at its facility in Derby, CT.
You can read the unveiling "operational" announcement of the system here. Data points:
- First year operations period 2009-Mar-23 thru 2010-Mar-23.
- System size is 525 photo-voltaic panels with a 100kw DC to AC inverter.
- Generated 111,266kwh of electricity, thus providing in excess of all consumption needs for operations on-site.
- Single day record of 695kwh was set on 2009-May-19.
- Nine months had more electricity production than consumed by operations, the exceptions were Nov, Dec, Jan.
- Based on data from the EPA for our electricity provider (United Illuminating), this clean generation avoided 103,032 lbs of carbon dioxide, 263 lbs of sulfer dioxide and 96lbs of nitrogen oxide from polluting the air.
- The "credits" from our renewable energy generation (as opposed to generation from coal or gas) were sold to the Ct. Clean Energy Fund.
See how clean the electricity you consume is via this EPA webpage.