The PV Solar System has completed it's 2nd Electric Year (2009Dec17 thru 2010Dec19). As comparison, look to the results for the 2009 Electric Year found hear.
For the 2010 Electric Year:
- The system was in place for 368 days (29 days of which there was no production due to equipment issues, snow load prevented access to equipment repairs in Feb/Mar).
- The average system output was 330kwh/day.
- The average consumption of our operations was 295kwh/day.
- Highest daily electricity generation was May10 with 724kwh
- 112% of consumption was generated from the PV Solar System.
January, November and December (and March due to equipment shutdown) were the only months when the PV Solar System didn't generate more than our entire operations electricity consumption. Since the system was installed on 2009Mar23, enough electricity has been generated on-location to power all of the company's operations.
Recognizing the excess generation capacity, during this year, items that were powered from other sources were replaced to electricity fueled such as hot water heaters and one vehicle vehicle. A sewer pumping station that was operated separately from our company previous to 2010, but which served our property and that of 3 adjacent parcels, was connected to our infrastructure and is now powered by solar generated electricity.
With there still being an excess of power after these changes, further avenues of efficient utilization and conversions will be examined in 2011.
QR code for this post: